COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 Vaccination Entry Requirements
With the opening of our borders the risk of contracting COVID will increase. The Arts Theatre respects the rights of all our patrons, staff, and members, but to ensure the safety of everyone the Theatre has put in place a policy regarding attendance at any of our screenings or events.
From January 1, 2022 if you are 16 years or over, you must be either fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold an official medical exemption to enter The Arts Theatre (the Venue). You will be required to show your COVID-19 vaccination status at the point of venue entry. If you are unable to provide this information, you will not be admitted entry to the venue.
· Theatre management reserves the right to refuse admission or eject from the venue any person exhibiting cold or flu symptoms. This is an SA Health direction.
· All patrons must comply with COVID-19 safety protocols, including but limited to:
· QR Code check in requirements
· Face mask requirements
· Hygiene and distancing requirements
· Seated consumption of alcohol and food
· You should not attend the Venue or the event if you are required to be in isolation as a result of COVID-19 diagnosis OR pending test result OR you have been directed to be in quarantine because of close contact with a person with COVID-19 OR if you have been directed not to attend a high risk or COVID Management Plan event OR if you are experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
· From 1 January 2022, all persons aged 16 and over will need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination to gain entry to The Arts Theatre. Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate. Official medical exemptions approved by the Chief Public Health Officer can be provided prior to entry.
· Any person under the age of 16 attending an The Arts Theatre must be accompanied by an adult holding a ticket for an adjoining seat.
All events at The Arts Theatre follow COVID Safe Operating Guidelines, in line with SA Government regulations. The Arts Theatre will continue to support whatever public health measures are in place at the time of the event, and by extension, those contained in our approved COVID Safety Plan.
· The Arts Theatre accepts the following as evidence of vaccination status:
o COVID-19 digital certificate displayed on the MySAGOV app on your smart device (as part of the COVID-SAfe QR Code check in process); or
o A Printed copy of your COVID-19 Digital certificate with government issued photo identification; or
o Official medical exemption from COVID-19 vaccination approved by the Chief Public Health Officer with government issued photo identification.
The Arts Theatre encourages all our stakeholders to follow State and Federal Government advice and receive the COVID vaccination.
Current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Guidelines
Updated 7 December 2021
The health and wellbeing of our staff, casts and patrons remains our top priority. We have a duty of care to provide a safe environment for everyone who attends The Arts Theatre and undertake to do all that is necessary to restrict the spread of COVID-19 and protect the vulnerable in our community.
We actively monitor the situation regarding COVID-19 and follow the latest advice and guidelines issued by SA Health, the Australian Department of Health and the World Health Organisation.
Currently, South Australia is subject to Level 1 restrictions (with some additional restrictions) *. Current restrictions include the following measures:
· QR code check in requirements
· Density requirement of no more than 3 people per 4 square metres for seated activities, and no more than 1 person per 2 square metres for non-seated activities
· Physical distancing requirements
· For select indoor events, seated food and beverage consumption only
· Masks are to be worn in shared indoor public places unless one of the following applies
o You have a medical exemption and can produce evidence of such upon request
o The ability to see the mouth is essential for communication, such as to enable communication by or with any patron who is deaf or hard of hearing
o You are consuming food or drink
o You are under 12 years of age
o in circumstances where removal of the mask is lawfully required for identification purposes
o if the person is carrying out functions as an authorised worker and it is not possible to properly carry out those functions with a mask on.
*Restrictions will be reviewed on a regular basis and are subject to change.
COVID Safe Measures
To provide confidence and ensure a safe environment for visiting patrons, clients and staff, we have a COVID Safety Plan in place, which includes the following dedicated measure:
COVID Safe training & education completed by the designated COVID marshal
· Increased frequency and intensity of cleaning and disinfecting, with emphasis on high volume areas and touch points
· Physical distancing protocols
· COVID Safe food and beverage service
· Contact tracing protocols
· COVID related signage across the venue
If you are attending an upcoming event at The Arts Theatre we ask that you please play your part and help us be COVID Safe by practicing proper hand hygiene; adhering to physical distancing by maintaining 1.5m from others at all times, and staying home if you feel unwell.
You acknowledge that patrons not adhering to these requirements may be in breach of directions issued by the State Coordinator for which penalties may apply.
· You acknowledge that The Arts Theatre may be required to collect contact tracing information from you and each member of your booking party when you and they attend the Venue. This includes the first name and phone number of each person who attends the Venue including children and babies. You must communicate this requirement to each member of your booking party before they attend the Venue.
· You agree to provide us with any information we are required to collect for contract tracing purposes. The purpose of collecting this information is to assist any contact tracing in the event of an outbreak or potential exposure to someone with COVID-19 at the Venue. You acknowledge that we may disclose contact tracing information to health authorities or as otherwise required or authorised by law. You acknowledge that we may retain the information for 28 days (or such longer period as required by law), after which time it will be deleted or destroyed. While we hold the information, we will take all reasonable steps to keep your contact tracing information secure and free from unauthorised access or use.
· You and your booking party may be refused entry or required to leave the Venue or event if you or they:
o refuse to verify your COVID-19 vaccination status.
o Are unable to demonstrate to the satisfaction of The Arts Theatre that you or they have received two or more doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine (or have a valid medical exemption).
o refuse to comply with any COVID-19 safety protocols or requirements notified to you by The Arts Theatre.
o refuse to comply with any reasonable health and safety directions given by Venue staff.
o refuse to provide contract tracing information to The Arts Theatre on request.
o are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, as notified to or as assessed by Venue staff. These include: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell.
o are required to be in isolation as a result of COVID-19 diagnosis / pending test result OR have been directed not to attend a high risk or COVID Management Plan event OR have been directed to be in quarantine because of close contact with a person with COVID-19.
In these circumstances, Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
· We ask that you and each member of your booking party to make a reasonable assessment of your health status before attending our Venue or the event. To avoid doubt, you will not be entitled to a refund if you or a member of your booking party
attends our Venue or event despite you exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms and if you or they are then refused entry or asked to leave the Venue or event.
· You must notify The Arts Theatre immediately if you or any member of your booking party develops any symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of attending the Venue.
If you have tickets to an upcoming event at The Arts Theatre please monitor our website or follow us on social media for updates.
Further information and relevant links
The latest advice regarding COVID-19 can be found via the following links: